Collect several good essay ideas related to the field of personal interest à Take notes during the process of research à Develop an outline à Make a draft à Revise & submit a final paper to the teacher.
Sounds easy? This simple example is enough to get an overall idea of how to write a process essay. It does not matter whether a writer describes and explains a long-lasting process or a short action. It would be a process analysis essay.
GRAB YOUR PERSONAL WRITER
If you want to understand how to write a process essay, the best solution is turning for help to the professional academic essay writers with a rich writing experience. Another option is to review this article, which contains everything a student should know before writing an academic essay of this type.
What Is a Process Essay?
Before learning how to write a process essay of A level, it is critical to define the term. A process analysis essay refers to the type of academic writing, which contains a detailed description of the particular process in the shape of the step-by-step guide. This form of essay is popular in business & technical writing too. Some of the best examples of process essays include:
- Instruction/owner’s manual
- User’s guide
- “How to…” articles
- Security instructions
The student should test the process himself before writing instruction or manual. It would be the best answer to the question, “What is a process essay?”
How to Write a Process Essay: Outline, Introduction, Body, & Conclusion
Process Essay Outline
There is not much to say about the process essay outline because the structure repeats the steps required to complete a certain procedure. Having an outline is helpful in any situation associated with academic writing. Put down every stage in chronological order. Once the student has an outline, he/she may later add some details depending on the process development to come up with the whole body. The structure is common:
- Introduction paragraph (mention the process to discuss)
- Body paragraphs (list the stage and provide details)
- Conclusion (specify what the expected outcome should be + share some success indicators)
The length of the essay depends on whether the chosen procedure is time-consuming or not. Do not pick something extra fast not to have a few-sentences essay in the end.
Process Essay Introduction
It does not matter whether the essay is describing the way to get chocolate out of milk and coconuts, explaining the procedure of vaccination, or interpreting the steps required to write a book – it is important to identify the target audience from the start! If it is an average user, avoid difficult terms. In case you write to satisfy the curiosity of the advanced users, do not mind to include various professional terms to prove your competence in the chosen field.
Do not worry about the structure. The best thing about this type of academic assignment is that the step-by-step process itself provides a student with the correct structure. Still, experts recommend having an outline.
Start the opening paragraph by determining the analyzed procedure and share personal ideas on why this specific process is interesting & important to observe. It is not necessary to cover the history or background of the discussed procedure.
Example of Process Essay Paragraph
Do not include any details that do not relate to the process itself. If the required tools & equipment are rare, tell the reader some ways to get these resources. Write down the warnings about the possible safety hazards to prevent the reader from falling into the trap/injuring. Describing the steps alone might be dull. To enrich the writing, add the common mistakes to avoid (see example) and provide helpful tips to make the process simpler & quicker.
Add every step in chronological order with the help of clear words. If there are similar steps or those that can be performed at different stages, mention it to acknowledge the reader. To prevent confusing situations/failures, experts recommend subdividing the steps of especially long processes (example: Step 1A, 1B, etc.)
“A process analysis essay always uses the second person – “you.” It sounds more personal, and the reader trusts the writer. Be ready to apply a plenty of transitional words & phrases! They make the procedure description logical and clear to every reader. Try to insert different transitions to prevent the text from being repetitive. During the process of writing the instruction or manual, do the steps described in the text to check whether everything works the way it should before offering the same actions to the target audience.”
Professor Pryce, academic counselor and online writing tutors at NerdyMates
Writing Process Essay Conclusion
By the end of the instruction, the reader/user must be able to repeat the provided actions to activate the process or solve the problem alone. If the reader cannot do that, it means the writer failed to give clear, correct instructions.
Start the concluding paragraph with the short review of the entire process from A to Z - help the readers recall what they were doing, how long, and what the expected results should be. While the body paragraphs provide the detailed interpretation of each stage, a conclusion must contain a single short sentence summarizing every step of the process. It should look like the opening sentence of this article.
Keep in Mind Helpful Process Analysis Essay Tips
While writing this type of academic essay, recall these professional tips & tricks to earn A+!
- Say what you are doing to describe the action – it would be the paper’s topic, precise, clear, and educating. Narrow down the topic if it sounds broad. Example: Instead of calling the instruction “How to Install Windows” make it “How to Install Windows 10 on the most recent Asus models (name them).”
- Get ready with an outline, which is the structure of the essay.
- Name the requirements like the resources, equipment, instruments, stuff, skills, and knowledge the person will need to complete the process. If more than one person is required, mention it.
- Identify technical & professional terms in the text: In case the manual explains a procedure based on special, technical knowledge/skills, such as carpentry, it is better to include the definitions of the specific terms the reader might not know. If your teacher allows, enrich the essay with images, signs, graphs, and tables to explain the word.
- Each good instruction should contain warnings/cautions. List the possible threats & security hazards along with the obstacles the reader may face in the process. Use active voice in this part.
- Finish the manual/instruction with an explanation of what the person should be ready to obtain once the procedure is over (stress the importance of experiment). It is important to list the success factors. Example: “The cooked dumplings should not look tenderized/taste raw.
- Add images & more techniques to let the reader stick to the instructions simpler (for instance, “peach color” may be perceived as various textures by various individuals.”
It is time to discuss the best process analysis essay topics of school & college level!
ORDER PROCESS ANALYSIS ESSAY HERE
30 Stunning Process Essay Topics to Analyze!
Which would be a good topic for a process essay? If the teacher does not give a specific topic, it means the students got lucky to select the processes they know the best. It is a great idea to have a look at the examples of good topics shared by the top college students with our blog. Here we go!
Process Essay Topics for High School
- Fast & furious process of making homemade ice-cream to serve children's desires
- Step-by-step instruction to laundry services
- Making pizza with mozzarella, tomatoes, and sausages becomes easy with this manual
- Installing latest macOS High Sierra on older models of Mac
- Several steps to fix a hole in the wall once it needs a repair
- Simple ways to create & develop a successful character in “Sims”
- Washing the hair properly predetermines its health & overall appearance
- How to make a bob haircut?
- What about the steps to making pinatas for different holidays and special events?
- Is there a secret of organizing the best New Year Corporate Party in the world?
Process Essay Topics for College
- Things that would help a family to decorate its new house in empire style with the minimum financial investments
- Step-by-step instruction to using vehicle services like changing an automobile’s oil/washing a car
- Successful methods to conduct in-depth research to succeed in college writing
- How to prepare a powerful, eye-catching LinkedIn account to attract the best employers from the United States?
- What are the effective ways to become a country’s leader?
- What is the process of grading a college paper of a student?
- The process of vaccinating people from the medical perspective
- The way alcohol-addiction develop on the example of younger, unemployed male population
- Stages every business startup should pass to survive and become successful on the market
- Different phases children from overseas should pass to adapt in the United Kingdom
Interesting Process Essay Topics
- Professional approaches to formatting & editing articles to be published in the local newspapers/magazines/website blogs
- Several effective methods to get ready for the first job interview in the individual’s life
- Things to include in any dish with broccoli to make it taste delicious
- What is the process of launching an e-Commerce/online business?
- What is the process of hunting a wild deer & making a dish out of its meat?
- How do Hollywood celebrities get ready for the red carpet?
- Stages McDonald’s has passed to become world’s leading hamburger and fast food restaurant chain
- Secrets of looking stylish & fashionable having a limited budget
- Things movie directors do before starting to shoot the film
- What is the process of producing oxygen by particular plants?
Can I Get Some Interesting Process Essay Examples?
Here is one of the professional process essay examples shared by the college students who worked on a dental project to gain their PhDs.
Where Can I Get More Process Analysis Essay Topics?
A single example and a full list of topic ideas may be not enough. In case you have a desire to review more free samples of essays, a professional online writing service is ready to share them with every student in trouble. It is possible to find several good samples in the college library or archive where some of the most talented graduates keep their top works to share them with the modern generation. The smartest option is to find the essays written by the famous graduate authors. A student is a lucky one if he studies in the same college with a world’s known essay author. Students can find many examples of essays online by entering the necessary keywords.
Use this list of outstanding process essay topics whenever the teacher gives a right to choose a topic. What if a student still has problems with understanding an assignment? The best option then is to find the official academic company’s service, which offers custom essays & research papers on all possible topics in the world!
The process essay, also well known as the "how-to" essay is commonly written for people or companies that need tutorials. Whether it's building a robot or cooking a chocolate cake, process essays use a similar format for any variation. They follow a step-by-step style, with the initial step influencing the second which influences the third and etc. Each step carries its own importance, and a poor explanation of one step can ruin the entire process. It's important to stay concise as well as efficient. However, before you begin writing your essay, do some small preparations.
Table Of Contents
Prepare The Small Stuff
- Determine the Audience's Skill Level. It's important to center the complexity of the essay based on . For example, if you need to teach a friend or coworker how to do a simple fix or create a certain tool, then it would be intelligent to stick towards more basic terminology. However, if you are writing an essay for your astrophysics professor about the creation of a black hole in our planet, use more sophisticated and informative terminology.
- Make a list of Materials. Obviously, the creation of anything comes with some . Whether it's items or ideas, the importance of having the necessities beforehand and ready to go is substantial. Make sure to place each item in accordance with its importance. The more impactful a part is, the higher up on the list it should be. However, each item should obviously be obtained.
- Write out each task. In a step-by-step tutorial, each individual task carries some sort of weight. Since an entire process can not be complete if any step is skipped, it's crucial to . However, don't go overboard in your explanations. It's not necessary to bring the tutorial to a microscopic level, but each step should be understandable!
- The Full-Scale Production of a Movie.
- From fresh and ready to a "burned out" student.
- How things decay (Half-Life concept).
- The development of a bad habit.
- The process of building a business from scratch.
It's important to note that these essay topics are just some common examples used by several college students for their course papers. Feel free to use anyone you want or think of your own. Just make sure it's a PROCESS!
Process essay outline follows the standard procedure: Intro > Body Paragraphs > Conclusion.
Obviously, every process is different. Some can take a couple of minutes while others take months or maybe even years to complete. The length of the essay is generally based on the difficulty and number of steps it takes. However, the structure doesn't maneuver.
The first thing that you want to do as a writer is to interest the readers about your individual process. For somebody to be keen on approaching your process, they have to express interest in it. Though that generally goes without saying, many writers ignore this fact. Let's break it down into subsections:
- Give a little bit of historical background. People often want to know the origins of whatever it is that they're working on. Introducing this part of the process helps to intrigue the reader, as well as give him a sense of purpose for the task.
- Create an approximate timeframe. Unfortunately, your readers don't have all day to spend on this one event. As well as its purpose, people want to know how long the task will take. This way, they can decide how to break up the work. If it`s a quick fix, then they can knock it out in one session. However, if it's a large-scale operation, then the readers will obviously have to create their own time schedule.
Read more about how to write a great INTRODUCTION
This is the point in the process essay where you start introducing the step-by-step process you need to take. A lot of the time, it helps to break down each process into subsections. For example, if a step has many moving parts, it would be smart to create its own paragraph just for that step. Remember, it's important to keep things smooth and efficient. Let's go into more detail about each step.
- Each step should be carefully explained. Every step will vary in length.** Think about it: every instruction manual has several steps. Some are more difficult to comprehend or perform than others. For this reason, create your steps and explanations accordingly. You should be able to get a sense of their length and difficulty based on the explanation.
- Don't forget to explain the purpose. People don't want orders barked at them aimlessly. Besides just accomplishing a task, people want to learn as they perform.
- Why did they do this?
- What was the purpose of this method?
- Why did we do it this way and not this other way?
- To make everything flow smoothly use transitions. Make the steps flow one after another to create a well-structured essay. As you introduce next step, consider using transition words like , , , , etc.
Showing the readers that they are learning and not just repeating is one of the most effective ways to lock down their attention and keep them coming back!
After going through every step meticulously and explaining the whole process, the essay needs a confident conclusion. This paragraph should be short, sweet, and to the point. It's main goal is to :
- Talk about the main result. After the readers have completed the process, they should be left with a final result. It's important that you .
- Think about it like this. After completing a task, you obviously would like to know its overall purpose. When the reader feels that he accomplished a challenge, learned something from it and has a path to take the result towards, he will be satisfied!
- Restatement as well as Overall Conclusion. To put a pretty tie around the process essay means that you need to neatly wrap things up! Restate some of the highlightable points as well as the key overall purpose. Make sure that the reader feels after going through your process, and strengthen the necessity of the purpose with a nice concluding sentence!
- Make sure it's simple enough to follow: The worst-case-scenario an author can create is a feeling of absolute confusion in the readers mind.To avoid this problem, always keep in mind that your readers can be beginners. Because of that don’t try to impress them with complicated words or sentences, use simple language to provide clear directions on how to do something. Give as much details as possible, but do it plainly.
- "Why is he making me do this?"
- "What was the purpose of this?"
- "I don't understand this step at all!"
- If the reader is asking himself these questions, then it's time to do some editing!
- Experiment and try it for yourself, or ask a friend. There's no better way to experience success then actively attempt through your own instructions. If everything truly makes sense, then you should have no problem solving the task through your own words. Even better, ask a peer to try it through your words to get an outside point of view.
Essay Writing Advice From Our Professional Team
Tutor Joseph, EssayPro
When you enter your first writing course, it is likely that your first assignment is a process essay. A composition like this should help you get a grip of an essay structure and progression. A process paper is a useful piece of work, as when the reader of your paper finishes reading it, they know something new! My only tip for you writing this essay is not to overwhelm your reader with directions. Be clear on every single point that you make. Another piece of advice I can give you is to watch out for boring connectors. If you begin each sentence with “and then” your reader will get bored and possibly confused. While writing, you can use the “and then” connectors, but then go back and edit them out. Your essay will sound a lot cleaner and be less repetitive. You might also be tempted to say “first” and “second”, but don’t do it. Let the language do the work for you.
Still Need Help?
So you read the entire article and still have a question mark hanging over your head. These things happen, but lucky for you, we here at EssayPro have professional essay writers that know how to write high quality essays. As an essay writing service, we guarantee that the quality paper you receive will be better than you expect.
Hire a writer