Bullying is a major problem in many schools across the world. The media has reported many cases where students injure or even kill other students due to the bullying acts. Not only that, but some victims of bullying have committed to suicide. Bullying is never acceptable. For that reason, all stakeholders in the education sector must work together to find ways of dealing with the problem in an effort to guarantee the safety of all students. One way of helping students to become aware of the issue is to educate students about why bullying is to be discouraged and what to do if someone tries to bully them. One strategy in helping students to understand the issue is to have them write a persuasive essay on why bullying is wrong. Writing a good persuasive essay involves several guidelines.
Guidelines for Writing a Good Persuasive Essay on Bullying:
- First, plan out the main points to be discussed in each body paragraph. Ideas should be well-organized and easily followed by the reader. Language must be clear and precise. Word choice can also have some emotional impact while at the same time completely appropriate for school use. Details to support main ideas may include facts, statistics, examples, and anecdotes.
- Secondly, the essay should stimulate the students’ desire to end bullying or to intercede on the behalf of someone being bullied, such as a classmate in a school setting. The writer might share an experience with bullying or something heard in the news. The writer could also discuss common types of bullying to help the reader understand what constitutes bullying. The idea is to help the reader develop empathy and understanding for those who have been bullied or tend to be victimized by others.
- The tone of the persuasive essay is also important. The writer wants to come across as understanding the issue and caring about the victims and potential victims of bullying, especially in school and among student social circles. The tone also needs to be persuasive in nature. It helps to give the reader a reason for caring. Has the reader ever been bullied? Did he participate in bullying, and if so, why? How can preventing or stopping others from being bullied help the reader? How would he feel if his brother or sister or friend was bullied?
- Finally, the essay should include suggestions on how to recognize incidents or potential incidents of bullying and what to do to stop it. In addition, it could provide some resources for those who are or have been bullied as well as for those who tend to bully others. Resources might include teachers, parents, and organizations. The idea is to prevent or stop bullying.
If you need a quality custom persuasive essay – don’t hesitate to contact our academic paper writing service now.
4.00 avg. rating (80% score) - 2 votes
Tags: bullying essays, persuasive essays
Bullying is one of the most severe problems of all schools around the world. Pupils are injured or even sometime killed as a result of such acts. Being a non-acceptable behavior educational sector representatives try to deal with problem telling students about this issue and discourage them from these actions.
But there is another modern strategy to decrease the number of such acts. An effective persuasive essay about bullying in school has become a popular solution and a good preventive method.
Five Basic Steps How To Write Persuasive Essays On Bullying!
The writer’s objective in this type of paper is to persuade a reader to take an action or accept a certain viewpoint. If you are assigned to write a persuasive speech on bullying in schools, here are five basic steps to write it:
- Prewriting stage. Think about what bullying is. Define your positions to advocate in the paper. It is necessary to realize who is the audience you are writing for and do a thorough research on how it has developed and modern statistical data. In conclusion, it is important to identify convincing pieces of evidence and the opposite viewpoint.
- Organizing a work: this stage includes outline creation. Usually a persuasive essay about bullying in school has 5 to 6 paragraphs including an introduction, body paragraphs each focusing on a new piece of evidence, an opposing view part and a conclusion.
- Making a draft. The introduction of the paper should begin with an interesting fact or emphatic statement to hook a reader and involve a thesis statement. Presentation of the argument in the main body should be performed in various ways using terms and some background information. The last paragraph is a summary of the vital evidence and encouragement of the reader to accept or refuse the viewpoint.
- Revision of the paper answering some basic questions as for the term paper content and organization.
- Editing, proofreading, and formatting of a persuasive essay on bullying in schools.
Guidelines On Writing Persuasive Essays About Bullying In High School
- Make up a plan of the main points to discuss in your text.
- Use clear and precise language.
- To make your opinion logical and clear you will have to support each of your ideas with examples, facts, statistical data or even anecdotes.
- Stimulate students to avoid intimidation at schools.
- Describe common types of intimidation with vivid real life examples, support them with data from scientific studies, statistics and other information that will help you to persuade the reader.
- Use a proper tone.
- The writer should focus on the care about victims of intimidation and promote sympathy to such people to make readers commiserate and support them.
- Include suggestions in criminology papers on how to recognize a potential criminal or prevent similar incidents.
- Provide resources for those who may be interested in your persuasive essay on bullying in schools etc.
All these tips can make your paper even more convincing and worth attention. Bullying has become an incredibly serious problem of modern schooling and the more preventive actions we would take, the fewer acts of vandalism will happen in future. Persuasive essay on this topic is a perfect example how to make students think about this problem. It even makes them look for ways to prevent it. Only involvement of students can give results in the struggle against bullying and custom Powerpoint presentation essays can play an important role in this process too.